April 4, 2006
Lyricritical - By the fire
Singles remind me of kisses
Albums remind me of plans
Tonight it’s love by the fire
The wind plays over the coals
Passionate looks are my fancy
But you turn the look into stone
This is the game where you 1) try to recognize where the lyric came from and 2) give a one-word impression of the lyric.
If you feel the need to explain your one-word impression, that’s fine, too.
Have at it!
Posted by James at April 4, 2006 8:42 AM
1. "if I didn't love you" by squeeze
2. I confess, I've never paid much attention to the lyrics of this song, so I'm not sure where that last line is going. My first impression of "you turn the look into stone" was negative (the mood has suddenly taken a very cold turn), but then I realized it might be a euphemism for a whimsical mood (fancy) suddenly shifting to a [I'm having to reword this because the comment spam filter thinks I'm trying to sell you a pharmaceutical product] levitralike reaction.
So, depending on what happens next, my one-word assessment is either "chill" (the bad kind) or "passion" (which I realize is already in the lyrics, so sue me).
That's funny. The spam filter seems to prefer one ED product over another. :)
Squeeze, "If I Didn't Love You" (easy-peasy for me, what with my recent Squeeze re-addiction!)
1. Beats me.
2. Rejection, I guess. "Unrequited Passion" if I could have 2 words.
A song I know!
1. "If I Didn't Love You" by Squeeze.
2. This is supposed to be out of context, but I think "rejection" is still the word.
It's possible that he's interested in the "singles" and she's trying to have a serious conversation about the "albums."