March 7, 2008
- Why voters pick Bugs Bunny over Daffy Duck. - By Jeff Greenfield - Slate Magazine (cartoon,politics,psychology)
- Has Bill Clinton changed from Bugs to Daffy?
- You're Not My Father (funny,popculture,video,wtf)
- You can't tell me what to do.
- Haxed by Megahurtz / a Wii game made by the mentally ill. (game,flash,wtf)
- Possibly the most messed up game you'll play today.
- Phun - 2D physics sandbox (game,simulation,science,free)
- Ooo. I could waste hours with this software.
- iaza: Free Online Image Conversion - Simple & Easy Converter (Images, Graphics, Avatars, Anime ...) (graphics,tools,photos,online,free)
- 5min - How to make fire using a potato - Video (fire,geek,howto,science,lifehacks,video)
- Fire from potatoes. Magic! inexplicably starts with a girl in a swimsuit.
- Conflicts Of Interest: The goodbye email from Jimmy Wales's girlfriend (funny,wikipedia,scandal,gossip)
- It's a thing to see when a breakup reveals that an online staple (Wikipedia) has a founder who is willing to bend the rules to soften his girlfriend's online persona. Hissyfit!
- Alltop (web,links,search,toread)
- The top popular links today. Like popurls, but more strongly categorized by subject matter.
- Play Shape wars, a free online game on Kongregate (flash,free,game)
- Or don't play it. But it's worth a shot. Kind of like a frenetic Asteroids.
- Alarm clock with the smell of cooking bacon (clock,gadgets,funny,wtf)
- Wakey waky, eggs and bakey.
Posted by James at March 7, 2008 11:02 AM
Alltop looks promising. BuzzFeed is good for learning about current memes. I'm still searching for a grown-up and edited version of reactionary link sites like Digg, Reddit and FARK but I haven't found a good one yet.
The bacon alarm clock is clever and kind of nasty, all at the same time. I like it!